Thursday, January 10, 2013

Reflections and Resolutions

2012 is a year I cannot summarize in a few lines. It was a year of both ups and downs. Maybe I have even unlocked a whole new version of me, but more of that latter. Right now I'll tell you about how I learned that I have a really good memory. I use to think that I couldn't remember anything. Thus I locked the door to trying to remember or memorize anything. But in 2012, I decided to take a risk and peek through the key hole only to find that I misjudged myself greatly. I was listening to We are Never Ever Getting Back Together and after listening to it once I found myself residing all the words perfectly. I was surprised that I was able to continue doing this with other songs I heard. So, finally, it struck me that I have a really good memory. The way I unlocked a whole new me is that confidence in what I say and do skyrocketed; I realized that I'm more than what I think. In 2013 I want to stop procrastinating. I procrastinate a lot, and I mean a lot. Once I had to write a ten page book on dolphins and I waited until the day before. I think I might have a problem... I guess I have to drive myself out of my habit of procrastination habit! What I also have to do is practice old and current dance routines so I don’t forget them
Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. I really love this, especially the line "I realized that I'm more than what I think." So valid and well-stated. Good luck with your goals! I can totally relate to the procrastination thing, too.

    ReplyDelete