Thursday, April 11, 2013

What the World Eats

(This is for class)
1. Germany ($500) and Luxembourg ($465) spend the most on food every week.
2. The United States, Germany, and Mexico consume the most food per week.
3. The Revis family from North Carolina had the most packaging.
4. The Mendozas family of Guatemala has the healthiest diet. Their diet included of a lot of vegetables, especially green ones. It looked like the vegetables were freshly picked and that means no excess chemical preservatives.
5. The Aboubakar family from Chad has the least healthy diet. There isn't enough nutrition to satisfy the needs of all six people in the family. All the Aboubakar family is basically eating are grains and water. 
6. As relating to the answer in question 3, The Revis family from North Carolina may be the most wasteful because of all of the packaging on their foods. The soft drinks, chips, vegetables, and more all have packaging that can't be recycled, but sent to a landfill and will take a very long time to decompose. The actual food may not be what's wasteful, but what it comes in is.
7. I was surprised when I saw that the Casales family that has five people, in Mexico needed twelve bottles of soda for one week. All that soda defeats the purpose of all of those vegetables.
8. The photo where the customers were picking out their food with chopsticks from the street vendors really interested me since in America we use a very different approach.
9. My families' diet shares some similarities as well as some differences with the diets depicted in the pictures. I don't receive my food the same way as some people do, and that includes not catching seals. I saw some people in Chad face not having enough food, and I'm blessed to have not been in that situation. But, like some people in Bosnia and elsewhere, I get my food from a supermarket. I eat many of the same foods as some people do all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment